Monday, February 16, 2009

Blog Topic- Smart grids

My chosen topic for this project will be smart grid technology. I work for a large mulitnational engineering firm this company has been actively advertising the benefits of a smart grid. I'll use this blog to better understand the technology and see how it can be applied around me.

From what I know right now, smart grids are supposed to provide info to its electrical consumers so they can make better decisions on how to conserve energy and when to use it (ie informate the users.) Im not sure this will be useful for my wife and I since we live in a relatively small apartment in Houston and only turned on the air conditioning 3 times in 2008.

The first thing I do when learning about an unfamiliar topic is browse wikipedia. Let's see whats there:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_grid

No comments:

Post a Comment